Last week, we talked about what are some of the important qualities that your personal injury lawyer should possess. Now do you know what questions you should ask before hiring your lawyer?
If you Google “Questions to ask your Personal Injury Lawyer” you will get all kinds of answers, but to save you people some time, our law office has put together some questions that new clients ask us all the time:
- How much do you cost? Most PI Lawyers work on a reward basis, i.e. they get paid when you get paid for your damages. That can be typically 25% to 45%, but really depends on your lawyer and the situation.
- Will I need to pay if I lose the case? Again, it really depends on your lawyer. There are lawyers who don’t charge you anything if you lose the case, and there are some who charge you for their basic time in addition to the percentage of the reward.
- Have you had clients similar to me? This one is obvious, wouldn’t you want a lawyer who knows your situation to the “T”. In such a case, your lawyer knows exactly how to present your case, because they have previous data to work with.
- What are the chances of my success? Some lawyers even advertise the percentage of cases they have won, which is what makes some of them very expensive, as they are almost guaranteed to win your case (for e.g. MLO Lawyers :). But you should always expect the worst and prepare for anything that can happen in your case. If you call for a free consultation we will have a much better idea of your chances of success.
- Are you personally going to handle my case? There are many law offices where the real lawyer doesn’t even handle the case, instead, their interns and assistants handle the entire case. There is nothing wrong in asking them who will handle most of the case. At the Mastrangelo Law Offices, you will get to know your lawyer and the staff members that make up your team.
- What is your experience? Many law firms come and go from the accident world. Lured by big cases in the news these lawyers appear and disappear as fast as you can click an ad on social media. With over 35 years of experience and $250,000,000 collected for our clients, the Mastrangelo Law Offices is among the best and most experienced in California.
Have a questions to ask a lawyer about your case?
MLO offices serve the entire EAST BAY San Francisco, with personal injury clients winning cases more than 90% of the times!